We offer the largest and most experienced surgical team in the region, right here close to home. UF Health Leesburg Hospital and UF Health The Villages® Hospital utilize revolutionary technology and techniques that are tailored for each individual patient. From elective to orthopaedic or emergency care, we want to help our patients get back on their feet by providing the best possible care with shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times. Whatever reason you’re here, you’re in good hands.
With robotic and minimally invasive approaches to orthopaedic surgery available, our innovative team offers a new era of care.
Here, you’ll find less invasive cardiothoracic surgical procedures with superior outcomes and more experience where it matters most.
Our surgeons can perform an array of more precise procedures with less pain and scarring, short hospitalization, and a faster recovery.
We perform the latest and most advanced surgical procedures right here in Central Florida. Surgical services provided include (but are not limited to):
- General surgery: Our general surgeons care for patients needing surgery on the abdomen, skin, breast, soft tissues or endocrine system, which includes the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas and gallbladder, among other organs. We provide a full complement of modern surgical care, including advanced laparoscopic procedures.
- Gynecology surgery: With physicians who are trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques, our team can treat a wide range of conditions affecting the pelvic floor, including pelvic organ prolapse, chronic pelvic pain, bowel and bladder control problems, sexual dysfunction, endometriosis, fibroids, etc. You’ll stay in a private, spacious suite designed for postoperative care. Our gynecological surgery team at UF Health The Villages® Hospital often utilizes the latest da Vinci Xi® robotic surgical system.
- Cardiothoracic surgery: UF Health Leesburg Hospital has surgeons experienced in coronary bypass surgery, valve repair and replacement and pacemaker implantation.
- Orthopaedic surgery: Our experienced team offers surgical joint repairs and replacements, post-operative care and inpatient rehabilitation services.
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat): The expertise of our otolaryngologists is used to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head and neck. Our doctors have advanced experience in endoscopic sinus surgery, rhinology, chronic ear surgery and the evaluation of balance disorders.
- Robotic-assisted surgery: UF Health Central Florida continues to bring innovative technology to surgery patients across Lake, Sumter and Marion counties with the latest advancements in joint replacement surgery, hysterectomies and prostate removal.
- Surgical oncology: Accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer, UF Health Central Florida provides comprehensive cancer services and treatment options.
- Urology surgery: Our team offers the latest treatment options for urological conditions such as incontinence, stone disease and male sexual health. If surgical treatment is necessary, many procedures can be performed using minimally invasive treatment options such as robotic surgery.
- Vascular surgery: Our vascular surgery specialists offer the best care possible specifically tailored to treat each patient individually. Treatments and services include aortic aneurysm repair, balloon angiography and stenting, and carotid stenting.