Thank you for your interest in the Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY-1) Pharmacy Residency program at UF Health Central Florida. The Pharmacy staff and faculty of the residency program welcome the opportunity to introduce our program to you. For questions regarding the PGY-1 residency or the application process please contact our Residency Program Directors:
The focus of our PGY-1 pharmacy residency is to provide each resident with a broad range of pharmacy experience tailored to the meet individual resident’s needs and interests.
The Department of Pharmacy has a strong commitment to the education of pharmacy residents. There are two ASHP-accredited residency positions available.
- Academic: The applicant must have a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited school or college or pharmacy
- Professional License: All residents must be eligible for Florida licensure. Selected and matched residents must be licensed by August 1st.
- Interview: An on-site or virtual interview is required. On-site interviews are conducted during the month of February
- Non-Resident Alien Applicants: To be considered for employment, you must presently have an employment authorization that is valid throughout the residency period. We do not sponsor international visas.
- Interested applicants must register for the Resident Matching Program
- Submit all applications through PhORCAS.
- Final deadline for complete applications is December 31, 2022
Complete applications include:
- Transcript of the applicant’s grades
- Letter of Intent
- Current curriculum vitae
- Standardized Reference Forms supplied by PhORCAS from three (3) professional sources
After completed applications have been reviewed, the residency selection committee will notify selected applicants to arrange an on-site interview. Official start date for the residency: July 3, 2023.
- Ten days of paid time off (PTO)
- Nine paid holidays
- Contributory health insurance
- Paid life insurance
- Administrative leave for professional meetings and interviews
The resident receives a $48,000 stipend paid by UF Health Central Florida Hospitals.