The Nurse Residency Program at UF Health Central Florida is a 12-month program designed to support nursing school graduates as they transition into their first professional nursing role. The program consists of a variety of mentorship, simulation and hands-on clinical experiences that emphasize and develop the skills necessary to become a successful part of the health care team.
Nurse residents will:
- Develop critical thinking skills with over 80 hours of hands-on practice in a safe environment
- Receive guidance from professional nurse preceptors
- Participate in progress evaluations
- Earn compensation starting on Day 1
- Be supported and mentored for a full year
- Participate in multiple cohorts throughout the year